Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Berry Meringue Cream Delight


This one was an unintended invention test that I set myself when I discovered Bilo didn't have coconut macaroons which was meant to be an ingredient... Plus I realised after the fact that I forgot to add custard to the cream... Despite this, I managed to get rave reviews from both Mr Pink and Mr Pizzaman who were very impressed with my creation!

This one made 4 serves, and took less than 15minutes from start to finish - I dont' think I'll ever have another dessert that is done in only 3 steps!

Ingredients:
- 300ml thickened cream
- 2tbs sifted icing sugar
- 100g meringue (I used a box of little star-shaped meringues from Bilo)
- 200g mixed berries (I used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- chocolate flake (or similar) to sprinkle over top

Method:
Step 1: Whip cream and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.

Step 2: Crush meringue(s) and then fold into the cream

Step 3: Layer berries into serving glasses with berries and top with crumbled chocolate flake.

No comments:

Post a Comment