Sunday, March 6, 2011

Choc-Brownies with Caramel Sauce


I'm a sucker for anything chocolatey and hot (especially when served with ice-cream) and this one satisfies all of that PLUS has a yuuuummy caramel sauce as well - soooo good! (A little messy lookin, but gooood!)

Took me less than 30min to make (including cooking time) and serves 6

Ingredients:
- 80g butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- vanilla ice cream (to serve)
- 1/3 cup (45g) vienna almonds, chopped coarsely

Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup (180ml) cream
- 60g butter
- 3/4 cup (150g) firmly packed brown sugar

Method:
Step 1: Preheat oven to hot (I hate it when recipes do this - what the heck does 'hot' mean?! I think I went with somewhere around 190degrees celcius but it would be nice if they actually specified exactly what temperature 'hot' is! Anyway, I didn't burn them and they seemed cooked enough...)

Grease 6-hole muffin tray (surprisingly I forgot the greasing step and had some difficulty getting the brownies out of the tray at the end, so may I suggest that you don't forget like I did... if you can help it...)

Step 2: Combine butter, chocolate and sugar in medium saucepan; stir over medium heat until smooth.

Step 3: Stir in egg, essence and flour. Divide the mixture into the muffin tray and cover tightly with foil. Bake in hot oven for 20minutes and then stand for 5minutes.

Step 4: For the caramel sauce, combine ingredients in na small saucepan, stir over 'medium' heat (again with the ambiguous temperatures!! I used 4 on our 6 point stove-top scale) until smooth. Simmer for 2 minutes.

Step 5: Place brownies on serving plates, top with ice-cream, caramel sauce and almonds (I completely forgot to put the almonds on it and it was fine without, but I'm sure the almonds would have made it eeeeven yummier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment