Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chocolate Mudcake Christmas Puddings


This one is a modified version of the Chocolate Ball Christmas Tree that I did a couple of years ago. Because the balls were so popular, I think I have made them around Christmas time each year but have mixed it up a bit by using different decorations for them.

The last couple of years I have made the balls into little Christmas puddings... this was the first attempt...

So I made the balls the same way I did for the Chocolate Ball Christmas Tree (crumbled mudcakes and then rolled and squished them into balls). This time I covered them all in a dark chocolate coating to look like this:


Then I cut up red licorice into small pieces, drizzled some melted white chocolate over the ball and placed the licorice on top before the chocolate set. It looked like this:


So, not bad for a first attempt. But I wasn't happy with the licorice. So the next year I decided to put even more effort into it and I made tiny little red balls and green holly leaves out of fondant icing, and put them on top instead of the licorice... which was A LOT more effort.

Unfortunately I can't find a photo of those anywhere, but trust me, they looked much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment