Friday, November 22, 2013

Lemon Slice



This one definitely has a place on my list of the easiest slices in the world to make... So easy in fact, that it can essentially be made in 3 steps that take a total of 20 minutes to do if you dawdle. Yes, you read correctly, I said THREE steps, twenty minutes. You basically just put all the base ingredients together, all the topping ingredients together and then put those two together. Simple. Oh, and it tastes pretty good, I suppose I should mention that too, huh? ;-)

Ingredients
Base
 - 1 1/2 cups crushed Corn Flakes (I used a sandwich bag and a rolling pin to achieve the crushiness. Also beware, I had an almost full box of Corn Flakes in my pantry for almost a year before getting around to throwing them out! ... maybe I should have made this more than once... anyway I digress - ingredients...)
 - 120g melted butter
 - 1/4 cup castor sugar

Topping
  - 1 x 395g tin of condensed milk
 - 1/2 cup lemon juice
 - finely grate zest of lemon
 - 1 egg yolk


Method
Step 1: Lightly grease a 23 cm square slice tin (if you want to you can do what I did and line it with baking paper to make it easier to get the slice out)

Step 2: Mix all the Base ingredients together and then press into the tin. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.



Step 3: To make the topping, beat ingredients together until thick and fluffy. Pour evenly over the base and return to refrigerator until set.

Done. How easy is that?! (Answer: Very.)


No comments:

Post a Comment